Expression of Interest (EOI) for NGO Partner Selection in Province 2
Date of Publication: 16 July 2021
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is a global humanitarian agency that seeks to identify and address social distortions and deprivation in developing countries. Through its international network ADRA, works in more than 130 countries with people in poverty and distress to create just and positive change through empowering partnerships and responsible action. ADRA has been active in Nepal since 1987 with a successful portfolio of Health, Disaster Risk Management, Livelihood and Education Program serving to the unreached population in the remotest villages of Nepal.
The Expression of Interest (EOI) is to collaborate in implementing its possible project implementation in the province 2 focusing on youth engagement, livelihood, women empowerment, gender equality and social inclusion, climate change and environmental protection. With the EOI, ADRA Nepal is willing to partner with one women-led NGO and one youth-led NGO.
Women led and Youth led organizations having any of the project/programme experience and are permitted to work on the province 2 are requested to submit their EOI on:
- Gender Equality and Social Inclusion
- Women Empowerment
- Youth Empowerment (Networking and Leadership)
- Climate Change and Environment Protection
- Humanitarian Response
Minimum Criteria of the Applicant NGOs:
- Either Women-led NGOs registered and permitted to work on Province 2 or Youth-led NGOs registered and having wider network throughout the Nepal and permitted to work on Province 2
- Experience in working on consortium approach (multiple NGOs)
- Experienced on working on youth networking and leadership, gender equality and social inclusion, women empowerment, climate change, and livelihood practices.
- Experience on advocacy-based approach at local, provincial and federal level focusing on youth networking and leadership, gender mainstreaming and the areas of climate change.
- Experienced in working for socio-economic empowerment of vulnerable communities and families.
- Prior Experience with European Union (EU) funded projects are prioritized.
- Up to date documents (registration and renewal document at DAO and SWC)
- Professionally qualified with work experience in fast-paced and low resource environment with a national/international organization.
EOI Evaluation and Selection Process
Selection panel will be established by the Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) Nepal with a combination of program, finance and monitoring and evaluation to review all the received EOIs. Potential organization obtaining high score in short listing process will be contacted for further queries. The panel members may also have visit to short listed NGO office for the verification of information submitted through EOI, if they feel necessary.
Documents to be submitted along with the proposal:
The EOI shall contain following documents:
- A cover letter stating the expression of interest.
- Concept note highlighting the youth networking from local to national level, women empowerment, climate change and environmental justice, gender equality and social inclusion.
Some other supporting documents includes:
- Registration certification from government with updated renewal from SWC and DAO.
- Organization constitution/by-laws
- PAN Certificate and VAT certificate (if applicable)
- Updated Audit Report 3 years
- Organization’s HR/administration policies
- Financial Management Policy/Guideline
- Annual Report (latest)
- Copy of other relevant policies (including safeguarding, GESI policy, etc.)
- Two Reference from current or previous donors/partner
The eligible NGOs registered as per Nepal Government’s rules and regulations are requested to apply for the call by 22 July 2021. The proposal scan be submitted at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop hard copy at ADRA Nepal Country Office located at Sanepa, Lalitpur, P.O. Box 4481. The proposals received after deadline will not be considered. ADRA Nepal reserves all rights to make decision and/or cancel the assignment without any information.
- Only short-listed NGO will be notified for further detail organizational assessment.
- ADRA Nepal reserves the right to accept or reject any or all application without giving any reason whatsoever
- Attempt for influence by any means during selection process will lead for disqualification
ADRA Nepal, Sanepa, Lalitpur
P.O. Box. 4481
Phone Number: 5455913/14